Your new Coddle mattress is covered by a 10 year limited warranty (the “Mattress Warranty”). This limited Mattress Warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
A. Products covered by this limited Mattress WarrantyThis limited Mattress Warranty extends to mattresses manufactured by Coddle Sleep Inc. (“Coddle”), purchased directly from Coddle or Coddle’s authorized retailers, and located in the United States (not including US territories) or Canada (the “Mattresses”). Some parts of this limited Mattress Warranty also extend to covers sold with Mattresses (“Mattress Covers”). Mattresses are designed to work on a firm, solid-surface, on a bed base that is structurally capable of supporting the weight of the Mattress and user(s). This Mattress Warranty does not cover your Product if you use it in a manner incompatible with that intended design.
B. Who this Mattress Warranty extends toThis limited Mattress Warranty extends to the original purchaser of any Mattress who is located in the United States (not including US territories) or Canada. Customers who purchased their Mattresses through Coddle’s trade program and use those Mattresses for commercial purposes (for example, in a hotel or store) are “Trade Customers.” All Coddle warranties, including any implied warranties, are valid only for the period of time the Mattress is owned by the original purchaser of the Mattress. The “original purchaser,” for the purposes of this Mattress Warranty, is the first purchaser of the Mattress from Coddle or a Coddle authorized retailer. Please retain a copy of your receipt as proof of purchase. All Coddle limited warranties are not transferable.
C. Coddle's limited Mattress Warranty and responsibilitiesCoddle warrants the Mattress in its original packaging sold to you against the defects in material and workmanship set forth below (“Defects”) for a period of 10 years from the time your Mattress is purchased by you, when the Mattress is used normally for its intended purposes in the home and on a bed base that is structurally capable of supporting the weight of the Mattress and user(s). Notwithstanding the foregoing, with respect to Trade Customers only, the limited warranty period shall be 3 years.
D. What this limited Mattress Warranty covers
This limited Mattress Warranty applies to the following Defects:
- Deterioration causing the Mattress to have a visible indentation greater than one (1) inch that is not associated with an indentation or sag which results from use of an improper or unsupportive foundation or adjustable bed base. Normal wear requires that a Mattress be continuously supported by a matching foundation or adjustable bed base with a proper bed frame sufficient to support the collective weight of the Mattress and foundation.
- Any physical flaw in the Mattress that causes the foam material to split or crack, despite normal usage and proper handling.
- Any manufacturing defect in the zipper assembly of the Mattress Cover.
This limited Mattress Warranty does not cover the following:
- A normal increase in softness of the foam pressure-relieving material which does not affect the pressure-relieving qualities of the Mattress.
- Comfort preference.
- Physical abuse or damage to the structure and/or cover material, including but not limited to, burns, cuts, tears, liquid damage, or stains; provided, that the defect is caused by such abuse or damage.
- Damage caused by commercial use, such as in a hotel or store – unless you are a Trade Customer.
- Replacement of any non-defective pieces in the Coddle sleep system (for example, if you purchase a mattress with multiple components and only one component is defective, then we will only replace the defective component).
- Any mattress (whether manufactured by Coddle or not) sold by resellers who are not authorized retailers.
- Mattresses sold “as-is”, “preconditioned”, “reconditioned”, “used”, “comfort return”, “returned”, “previously owned”, or any other similar wording indicating that the Mattress is not “new” or of “first quality”, or has previously been purchased or used by another consumer.